Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oden Suffers Hangnail, Will Miss Season



In a bizarre on-court accident, Portland Trailblazer Greg Oden injured his right index finger while trying to block teammate Steve Blake's shot in Wednesday night's game against Miami. "I thought he was on Maryland," said Oden of Portland's underweight guard, who did in fact play for the Terrapins from 1998 to 2002. "Him no want no one score," remarked fellow Blazer Nicolas Batum, or "that Jamaican dude" as Oden has dubbed him. A downtrodden Oden did remark: "I'm looking forward to a healthy third rookie season."

Actual Fact: I'm totally live-blogging the Blazers-Heat game! I'm watching it right now. And I'm blogging! Oden looks awesome. Seriously. I hope he doesn't get hurt.

Actual Fact #2: Watching the game I was reminded (by the announcers) that Dwayne Wade bought his mom a church for her birthday. And I'm thinking: Wait, didn't Nick do that for his mom a few years ago?

Update: Holy shit! I just saw the Miami Heat dancers. Wow, that was the worst thing I've ever seen since Shaq tried dribbling between his legs. I've never seen Owen dance drunk, but I imagine this is what it would look like.

Update #2: Dwayne Wade just had a monster dunk which elicited the following from the announcer: "Dwayne Wade applies the noxema, delivering the facial!" and of course all I can think is, if that was a facial, that that's not noxema.

11 comments:

  1. Your pick isn't showing up. But I appreciate the live blogging, even if it reminds me that I've got no tv and will be hard pressed to find somewhere to watch the Blue Devils show no fear as they demolish the over-hyped-on-this-blog turtle come January.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I meant "pic" as in image, not "pick" as in hopefully soon to be justified first pick of the 2007 draft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joel. Should be working now. BTW, still laughing about that draft offer you made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice liveblog -- I can't believe Durant and lil K-Mart are both hurt. Very sad. How are my guys D-Wade and C-Quinn doing (I'm still at work)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is Antawn really on the block, LD? What are you after?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scoring, mainly. And good fg%. Make me an offer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man - Dwight Howard! He might go 30/20/10 tonight!

    I'll see what I can do, offer-wise

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I'm set for blocks tis week. And Josh, I might have been a little drunk when I made the trade offer; I think thornton is a little better across the board than williams and has more up side this year, but if you sweeten the deal a little it might work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best post yet. I forgot about that gift of Nick's. I've been thinking that "Making a donation to Nick's mom's church" was a vulgar euphemism.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, maybe a stronger/more vulgar version of 'taking her to church' could be 'taking her to Nick's mom's church.'

    ReplyDelete