Saturday, November 15, 2008

Conley Jr. claimed off waivers...but why?

Hosen drop C.J.Watson, claim Conley

The Hosen originally picked up C.J.Watson (who's starting at PG in GS until ME returns), dropping Kyle Lowry, a move discussed here, and have now dropped Watson in favor of Mike Conley Jr. To recap the pedigree of this move: the Hosen dropped Speights for Rasho, Rasho for Lowry, Lowry for Watson, and now Watson for Conley. Now that's a lot of turnovers! Watson's been pretty good lately - he's still starting, and his last two games have been 17/6/1 and 8/4/4 - not super consistent, but sheet-filling, in one way or another.

 rookie mike conley

We've looked at Conley before, too, as Les Digits recently placed him on waivers to acquire Larry Hughes. The 4th overall pick in the 2007 NBA draft is averaging 5.5/3.5/3.8, can't shoot, can't finish, and has been criticized for laziness, softness, and timidity. Some say he has upside - we say we'd rather have Lowry, Watson, or Rasho.

Judgment: We think this is an error on the Hosen's part, though by no means a costly one. Watson is playing well and Conley simply isn't, and there's no reason to think that's on the verge of turning around.

3 comments:

  1. CJK-I can't believe you took Conley. It's like you're dating my ex-girlfriend. It's kind of like that time when I was dating your ex-girlfriend, I guess. Huh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh, you are a bad man. I can't believe I took Conley either, wasting my waiver priority. I'm surely gonna drop him soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick, I wish you'd saved the pedigree analysis, because now the family tree ends in Kwame. (Insert obvious joke here.)

    ReplyDelete