Thursday, November 13, 2008

No one posts. Addicts die of withdrawal!


My excuse is that I've been working on this.
Link
I know it's not FBA related, and that I'm a megalomaniac, and that it's a slippery slope once this kind of deviation is allowed, and that Nick and his holy see will probably delete this post as blasphemy.

But to get down to business, it would seem that pretty much everything that I said in my last post was completely inaccurate. Never trust the advice given by your rivals, I guess. Poor Owen. I was right about Ronnie Price disappearing and Brevin Knight becoming the #2 PG in Utah, but I was wrong in thinking that meant that lil Brev-dog was going to get any kind of playing time. Phooey.

More importantly, I was wrong about the FAP drying up just yet. I was sad to see that the two guys I was "waivering" on were both picked up while I was learning Russian this afternoon. When Nick gets home from bridge he'll tell you all about it. (And he'll be drunk, too, which'll make it worth the wait I think.)



JaVale McGee seems to have taken over the 2nd string center job in Washington as well as too many upper case consonants. Being the 2nd stringer behind Etan Thomas is about as close as you can get to starting without actually starting. It looked like Jason Thompson's ride was over with the return of Brad Miller, but he's still flying high (and hollering about it). But with Sweet Francisco coming back next week his minutes may still be in jeopardy. Interesting, both guys seem to be beating out other young guys who were much hyped coming into the season. Andrey Blatche was supposed to explode this year. Although, why didn't he explode any of the previous three years? The center job has been there for the taking in Washington. And in Sacramento, Spencer Hawes looked like the man of the future. Which may still be true. He's still getting solid minutes. It might be time to take stupid ole brad miller out back behind the barn, old yeller style.

Did I mention I was trying to figure out which one of these to pick up? Josh and Joel, I just got off the phone with Nick's mom and she says you're gonna burn in hell. But at least you'll have each other. You can put noxema on each other's faces.

Finally, how long has this been going on? I would have taken Rip in the first round if I know he looked like this: all bald and beardy. It's what I get for not actually watching basketball, I guess.

Sorry about all this.


2 comments:

  1. Nice post, CK. I hate to disappoint, but I just got back from bridge and it's just too damn late to catch up - tomorrow evening will be rife with posts, guaranteed...

    I guess I started a trend with the dropping of overhyped bigmen. Now you can have your pick of Blatche, Amir, and Maxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I've been dying for a look at "I listen with my ear" for two years now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete